Sunday 1 February 2015

31 day challenge- round up



So, at the end of the challenge i thought of make a collage of my favourite of the 31 manis i did. Partly just for fun but partly to remind myself that i can like the things i do...and that it's ok to do so.

I started the challenge on a bit of a whim, and as i said yesterday i wasn't really expecting to get to the end. Or to the end of the first week haha! I was pretty apprehensive jumping into new nail art and blog post every day having been very inconsistent with both for several months. But I'd hoped that it would give me something to focus on and that being committed to something would help motivate me. And i think it was a success in that regard.

And here's the mh-y bit. I hate winter. Really, completely loathe it. Everything gets very difficult in winter when the weather is dull and the days are ridiculously short. And yea, I've been struggling to find the energy to do anything and getting ridiculously anxious about the things i do do. Blah blah blah i won't go on cos that's not really the point of this. But basically because of that i let nail arty stuff slide. Which is a shame because it's actually quite therapeutic. But i couldn't be bothered, didn't have any ideas, thought everything i did was crap anyway and was totally overwhelmed by the idea of choosing what to do, how to do it, carrying it out etc.

Enter 31 day challenge. Which at least helps with the last bit because it provides a starting point. Plus there are other people along for the ride. And it's structured. I like structure.

And clearly it had kept me motivated. And i feel a sense of accomplishment for getting to the end. Plus i actually kinda liked some of the manis. I really tried to push myself out of my comfort zone, using the prompts as an excuse. And there's only one that i totally hated/flipped out over (blobbicure, I'm looking at you!). I'm not saying I'm 100% happy with any of them, there's huge room for improvement, but i think that's ok.

I chose the favourites above for lots of different reasons...they're not all the best technically or as a finished product but some i chose simply because i was proud of myself for trying new things and being brave. Others i just liked how they looked. And some just because other people liked them, and we all like positive affirmation right?!

So that's it. I'm not saying that doing a random nail challenge has cured whatever mental health blip I'm working through, I'm still very much struggling in all honesty. But it's been positive. So I'm counting this one as a win haha. Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment